Freezing PCR products

bss032 at vaxa.bangor.ac.uk bss032 at vaxa.bangor.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 04:24:13 EST 1994

mfreis at edu.lsumc wrote:
>A colleague of mine says that freezing a PCR product makes it disappear.
>Does anyone have any information on this subject?  The topic came up when a
>PCR product was frozen prior to gel analysis.  My colleague attributed the
>absence of product to freezing.  Naturally we are testing it.  The
>identical reaction did work a few days ago.

Yes, but, dancing naked around the freezer makes it reappear :-).

Seriously, we often freeze our PCR products without any problems at all.

Jon R Sayers (Cell and Molecular Biology), Biochemistry Dept.,
University College North Wales, Univ of Wales, Bangor, LL57 2UW.
Tel +44 248 38 23 54
Fax +44 248 370731
Email bss032 at uk.ac.bangor