disrupting e. coli cells

Michael van Waes bi__mvw at SELWAY.UMT.EDU
Fri Mar 11 11:48:19 EST 1994

>i've never had much success with sonication but since that is the only
>piece of equipment we have at present, do you have any suggestions for
>optimizing e. coli disruption with a sonicator? i've heard that some
>people use lysozyme treatment before sonicating, do you have any
>experience with this?? any other treatments??
>
>bip
>--
 We found that the simplest, most efficient way is to grind with mortar/pestle
 with alumina. On the other hand, I guess it depends on what you want to get
 from the bugs.
 Cheers.............Michael.

	   Michael van Waes	        |
	   Div. of Biol. Sci.	        |  "I never worry about the future,
	   Univ. of Montana	        |       ... it comes soon enough. "
	   Phone: 406-243-5733  	|
	   bi__mvw at selway.umt.edu	|            	Albert Einstein.