cloning from agarose

brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Mar 11 10:32:10 EST 1994

BOAGP at QUCDN.QUEENSU.CA writes:
>We are doing some genomic library building and want to
>preferentially clone fragments in the 5 to 15 kb range. We have
>experimented with various ways to isolate this range of DNA from an
>Agarose gel, and always seem to end up with a low yield....

Does anybody else still do their ligations "in situ"? I have been cloning
stuff in low melt for some time now and have never had a problem. For
cloning purposes, this has got to be one of the fastest and not so expensive
(but that high grade LMT isn't exactly cheap) ways around. Also, I imagine
there is less day to day variation like I might expect from extraction
procedures. Well, my 2 bytes worth.
brett at borcim.wustl.edu