Insta Preps Reference

John Nash nash at nrcbsa.bio.nrc.ca
Fri Mar 11 09:13:05 EST 1994

In article <83590.a.hanly at cheque.uq.oz.au>,
Allison Hanly <a.hanly at cheque.uq.oz.au> wrote:

[savage editing to please my stupid posting software!]

>Has anyone used material produced this way for Northerns or Southerns?
>(or material from "insta-preps")
>I'm just wondering if there would be any problems with the grease on the
>membranes.

I have used Phase Lock Gels (by 5' --> 3'; I assume it is an
equivalent compound), to clean up after genomic DNA isolations for
Southerns and PCR, and after primer-extensions with no hassles.

--
John Nash                           (nash at nrcbsa.bio.nrc.ca)
Institute for Biological Sciences,  National Research Council of Canada,