Insta Preps Reference

John Nash nash at
Fri Mar 11 09:13:05 EST 1994

In article <83590.a.hanly at>,
Allison Hanly <a.hanly at> wrote:

[savage editing to please my stupid posting software!]

>Has anyone used material produced this way for Northerns or Southerns?
>(or material from "insta-preps")
>I'm just wondering if there would be any problems with the grease on the

I have used Phase Lock Gels (by 5' --> 3'; I assume it is an
equivalent compound), to clean up after genomic DNA isolations for
Southerns and PCR, and after primer-extensions with no hassles.

John Nash                           (nash at
Institute for Biological Sciences,  National Research Council of Canada,
                 Yet another Aussie-in-exile ;-)