Cell surface Biotinylation

Peter Smith rtfm at cix.compulink.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 16:39:04 EST 1994

Hi Folks,
        Does anybody out there have a good method for labelling cell
surface molecules with biotin? I've been using 125I labelling with pretty
good results, but my finger tips are getting fried with all that
radiation!  I'm sure that labelling the cell surface with biotin is
possible....all I need is someone to tell me how!! Also any useful tips
or pitfalls would be appreciated, I want to immunoprecipitate from the
cells once they are labelled, will this be a problem?
        Thanks in advance from me and my finger tips!

Theresa

email: rtfm at cix.compulink.co.uk

Sunley Building
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology