Protease Deficient E. coli for GST fusions

Anne Savitt asavitt at sunysb.edu
Fri Mar 11 13:34:14 EST 1994

> Subject: Protease Deficient E. coli for GST fusions

New England Biolabs will provide you with strains CAG 626 (catalogue
#801D) and CAG 629 (catalogue #801F), both of which are protease
deficient, free of charge.  Just send them a purchase order.

I tried these strains for a GST fusion protein, with no success.  I think
that probably means that my problem was not with proteases but with
something else, like RNA secondary structure or rare codons.

Anne Savitt
Department of Microbiology
SUNY at Stony Brook
Stony Brook, NY   11794