Protease Deficient E. coli for GST fusions

Bipin K Dalmia bipin at iastate.edu
Sat Mar 12 12:09:00 EST 1994

In article <9402117634.AA763411069 at email.afip.osd.mil> you write:
>        A recent posting suggested the use of a protease deficient strain for
>GST fusions when proteolysis is a problem.  Could someone suggest a specific
>strain and name a supplier?  Suggestions from anyone who has succeeded in
>overcoming this problem would be appreciated!

New england biolabs (1-800-neb-labs) has a whole line of single and
double protease deficient e. coli mutants that they developed for their
mbp fusion system. they don't appear in the catalog, but if you just
call them and ask for them they'll send them to you free, with just
shipping charges. i once got them all but never got around to using them
so i can't tell you how effective they might be, but reports in the
literature about lon- and htpR- mutants overcoming degradation have been
positive.

let me know if you can't get anyone at NEB to find the mutants. i'll
send you the catalog numbers (they are not in the catalog)

bip

--
bipin k. dalmia               the other night i was lying on my bed, looking
bipin at iastate.edu             up at the beautiful stars, and i said to myself,