Diluted ECL Reagent ?

Margaret M Lanterman ckrudy at bimcore.emory.edu
Sun Mar 13 14:55:35 EST 1994

In article avh at charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu, gchacko at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (George W Chacko) writes:

>Has anyone tried to dilute Amersham's ECL reagent? The kind of signal
>I get usually requires 3-10 secs exposure and it occurred to me that
>if I could dilute the reagent in TBS-T or something I wouldn't use it
>up as fast.

You need to dilute your second (or First) antibody further.  Also cut down your second antibody incubation (we do 30 minutes).
What you really should do is a series of dilutions of antibody to find the best for a 30 second exposure (hope that makes sense).
Actually, Amersham suggests this in their manual for ECL don't they?
Good luck
Margaret M Lanterman