plasmid integrated or not ?

AT Theo at mendel.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Mar 14 19:48:58 EST 1994

The following question was posted to me by a friend. I told
him to use inverse PCR (i.e. shearing the DNA into small fragments
-> self ligation -> inverse PCR -> subcloning and sequencing
-> designing new primers -> PCR across the junction betwwen
the vector and genomic sequence using unsheared genomic DNA
as templates ).  Does anyone on the net have better
idea(s) ?

How can you test if the plasmid vector is integrated into
the genome of transfected cells ? (Only 5% of cells are
transfected and there's no selection marker on the vector).

Paul