PCR difference cloning

William F. Wade William.F.Wade at dartmouth.edu
Tue Mar 15 13:28:21 EST 1994

I am starting a project that involves subtraction of one cDNA library
from another.  I have not decided what method to use.  I recently heard
about the cloning the differences between two complex genomes by Wigler
and colleagues.
The papers were published in Science 1993 and PNAS 1990.  Does anyone
have hands on experience with this approach?  Is it robust, can it be
done, is it worth the effort to develop the new technology vs the old
fashion subtractive libraries?  Any thoughts or comments on the
methodology would be appreciated.  My email address is
william.wade at dartmouth.edu