quick pcr

Daniel Petersen dpetersn at unixg.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 16 13:28:19 EST 1994

Some time ago I read an article (Bitotechniques I think) which related
quick method to substitute PCR screening of transformed colonies instead
of the old miniprep and subsequent RE digestion.  Furthermore, this
protocol incorported EtBr into the PCR reaction mix, for immediate
positive/negative visualization after cycling.  Does anyone have this
article, or know what conc. of EtBr to use to minimize inhibition of Taq
and background coused by RNA in the lysis mixture?

Thanks,
DJP

(Post-docs may be a dime-a dozen, but I'd rather have a dozen than a dime!)