phage display library

mlange at nki.nl mlange at nki.nl
Wed Mar 16 09:21:11 EST 1994

hi

I'm working with a hexapeptide phage display library as described by Scott
and Smitt. I've come across some problems and I'd like to know if anyone
is working with this library as well and is willing to exchange ideas.

I've tried a few different approaches, each leading to a consensus sequence,
different ones each time, but the actual binding to the protein I've selected
them with is not very specific. I don't see enrichment afer a few rounds of
biopanning, not even after nine rounds. (I'm using streptavidin coated
magnetic beads).

I just can't figure out what is going on, any suggestions?

Majella