Coli strain for periplasmic expression

Deborah Hodges Rheumatol dh124 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 11:47:21 EST 1994

Hi,
	I am using the vector pASK-60 to express a heavily disulphide bonded
protein in E.Coli. It uses the ompA signal sequence to target the protein to
the periplasm. I've managed to get the thing to express but the yield
is tiny. Admittedly I haven't tinkered with the medium but the cells,
(XL-Blues) seem to get very fragile as they express and I get cytoplasmic
contamination of my periplasm preps.
	My question is : Does anyone know of a Coli strain that would give
me a better yield?
	Thanks in advance
		Debbie