GOLD LABELLING OF OLIGOS

dpp at icbr.ifas.ufl.edu dpp at icbr.ifas.ufl.edu
Wed Mar 16 23:33:52 EST 1994

Hi Netters!
  Has anyone out there used gold labelling of oligonucleotide probes?
I have seen an advertisement recently about a 14nm gold particle claimed to be
suitable for labelling DNA or protein (amino or thiol groups).  They claim that
after enhancement with silver, these gold particles can be used to detect about
25,000 molecules (10E-19 mols).  I would appreciate if anyone can let me know
about efficiency, reproducibility etc. of these lebelling systems.  Thanks in
advance for your input.
O.P. Perera
University of Florida