The sizes of biotin, digoxigenin, FITC, etc.

Wasun Chantratita asmsi002 at CMU.CHIANGMAI.AC.TH
Thu Mar 17 05:57:25 EST 1994

Dear Netters

	I am  now working on nonradioactive in situ hybridization, in
situ PCR and FISH (Fluorescent in situ hybridization).

	I would like to know the MW and size (Diameter) of these following
ligands:

                                             MW               Diameter

	1. Biotin molecule                  ----------        ----------
	2. Digoxigenin molecule             ----------        ----------
	3. Streptavidin molecule            ----------        ----------
	4. Avidine molecule                 ----------        ----------
	5. Alkaline phosphatase molecule    ----------        ----------
        6. Horseradish peroxidase molecule  ----------        ----------
        7. FITC                             ----------        ----------

	These information will be very useful for perfoming in situ
hybridization techniques with various types of polynucleotide and
oligonucleotide probes labeled with these nonradioisotope ligands.

	Once I receive all the information of these haptens, I will post
here for you all.

Thankyou

Wasun Chantratita, Ph.D.                        Phone:053-221122 Ext 5086,5068
Department of Clinical Microbiology             Fax:  053-221890
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences       Email:asmsi002 at cmu.chiangmai.ac.th
Chiang Mai University
Chiang Mai 50200
Thailand