Non-radioactive labelling kits

JOHN PROUDMAN jproudman at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV
Thu Mar 17 22:11:23 EST 1994

We have used the digoxygenin labeling kit from Boehringer-Mannheim and are
very pleased with the results.  We have labeled both DNA and RNA using
random priming, using the probes for Southerns, Northerns and in situ
hybridization.  We have also prepared dig probes by PCR, and get even
better results with these "hotter" probes.  We have used the alkaline
phosphate color development for most applications, but on occasion use
the chemiluminescent detection when greater sensitivity is needed.  I doubt
we will go back to radioactive probes.

John