Non-radioactive Labelling Kits

IXK3 at psuvm.psu.edu IXK3 at psuvm.psu.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:56:19 EST 1994

In my lab we are thinking of switching over to non-radioactive
means of detecting our Southern blots.  Virtually every
supplier out there these days has some kind of kit to do this,
but never having done this sort of thing before, I am not
exactly sure of their relative merits.

Has anyone had any particularily good or bad experiences with
any of the random-primer kits for non-radioactive labelling that
are easily available?  Or are they all as equally sensitive, reliable,
and convenient as one another?

Thanks,
        I-Ching Kuan
        Dept. Biochemistry + Molecular Biology