Advantages of 33-P

jost at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au jost at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Thu Mar 17 00:35:37 EST 1994

Hi there,

Could anyone out there enlighten me on the advantages of 33-P over 32-P.
I understand that 33-P is a weaker emitter than 32-P, but apart from that,
are there any other advantages or disavantages?

Specifically, we want to use it for primer extension, so if there's anyone
who's actually used 33-P for this application, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Incidently, has anyone seen/done any methods for primer extension using a
non-radioactivelly labelled primer?  There are plently of non-radioactive
sequencing methods out there.  It would just be a matter of end-labelling
the primer with something that wouldn't affect mobility (sure!).

Also, just a quick aside, is it just me, or have there been no new posts
since 14 March??  I suspect it's just me :-).

Helen Jost,
Microbiology,
Monash University,
Australia.