RNA extraction of fungi

Marcello.Marchiani at bota.unine.ch Marcello.Marchiani at bota.unine.ch
Fri Mar 18 13:34:13 EST 1994

In article <2lqu40$b09 at mars.mahidol.ac.th>, g3636197 at mucc.mahidol.ac.th (Preecha Leangaramgul - SCBT - 3636197) writes:
>     I am working in a total RNA isolation of Aspergillus niger but I
> found that the total RNA degradation. Could anyone tell me, what are the
> causes of RNA degradation during extraction process?
>     Would you suggest me suitable method for the total RNA extraction and
> mRNA purification of this organism?
>     Thank you
>     Preecha Leangaramgul
>      3636197 at mucc.mahidol.ac.th
> :wq
> :wq
> :wq
> :wq
> :x
> :x

I'm not working on mRNA of fungi but I think that you have to be very carefull
when working on RNA....RNAse are everywhere and very stable ...too much! I
could suggest you a reference that is worlwide known ... I suppose (it is the
Molecular Bible)." Molecular Cloning a lab. manual" sec. ed. 1989 J.Sambrook,
E.F. Fritsch and T.Maniatis. There you can find some important tips that could
fit your problem.