Biometra

Steve Minchin S.D.Minchin at bham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 18 14:36:03 EST 1994

In article <MAILQUEUE-101.940316085031.384 at eye1.eye.ufl.edu> tsanchez at eye1.eye.ufl.edu ("Tony Sanchez") writes:
>From: tsanchez at eye1.eye.ufl.edu ("Tony Sanchez")
>Subject: Biometra
>Date: 16 Mar 1994 13:21:10 -0000

>I am looking for information about a company called Biometra.  Does anyone
>have any experience (good or bad) dealing with this company?  It is my
>understanding that they are a German company with a branch in the US.  What is
>their reputation in Europe?  Are their machine used widely?

>Any response will be welcome.

>Thanks
>Tony Sanchez
>University of Florida
>Dept. Ophthalmology
>1600 SW Archer Road
>JHMHC #100284
>ARB R4-146
>Gainesville, FL 32610
>Phone (904)392-2720
>Fax (904)392-7839
>tsanchez at eye1.eye.ufl.edu

My department has bought several Biometra Trio Thermoblocks. We have been
extremely happy with them. They have three separately programable blocks so
you can do three PCR reactions at once. Each block only holds 20 tubes. They
are slightly more expensive than single block thermal cyclers, but considerably
cheaper than other Multi-Block machines.

All the Best

Steve Minchin
School of Biochemistry
The University of Birmingham