TA cloning

Brian Foley brianf at med.uvm.edu
Mon Mar 21 11:20:58 EST 1994

KRUEGER, CHARLES M (krueger at rigel.tamu.edu) wrote:
: Greetings,
: 	Recently I read a posting in this group that described
: a detailed method for converting smaI blunt digested pUC19
: into a TA cloning vector for PCR fragments.  I wanted to
: make a copy of this interesting posting.  However, the
: posting is no longer available.  I don't fully understand
: the life cycle of posted articles.  Is there a way in which
: I can still retrieve that posting or is it gone forever?
: I tried marking the entire group as unread, but this did
: not help.  No emergency.  I just wanted a file copy.
: 				Thanks,
: 				Charles M. Krueger
: 				Texas A&M Univ.
: 				College Station, Texas USA
: 				Krueger at ZEUS.tamu.edu
: 				72714.2240 at Compuserve.com

	NEWS articles have different lifespans at different sites
depending on how much disk space is available at the site.  Here at UVM
we can only afford to keep NEWS posts for 3 days.
	The bionet. newsgroups get archived at a few sites, including
FLY.BIO.INDIANA.EDU so that you can search them via WAIS, GOPHER and
other tools.  My favorite easy way to look through old posts to
bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts is to use GOPHER.  Navigate to Indiana/
IUBIO/NEWS/search network news at IUBIO.