How low can you go (Nuc Acid pellets)?

Brian Foley brianf at med.uvm.edu
Mon Mar 21 17:37:51 EST 1994

David Sang-shin Lee (davidlee at whitman.ccs.itd.umich.edu) wrote:
: I was wondering....When precipitating DNA or RNA, how little nucleic acid
: can you have before the pellet (after centrifugation) becomes so small
: it's invisible?

	It depends on how good your eyesight is, and how clean your DNA
is.  Often times the pellet I see is mostly "other stuff" and not DNA.  I
know that when I use real pure DNA for sequencing I cannot see the pellet
when I have precipitated 5 micrograms of plasmid.

: David S. Lee  (davidlee at umich.edu)                   All opinions
: HR6028, Kresge Hearing Research Institute             expressed
: University of Michigan                                 here are
: Ann Arbor MI  48109-0506                                mine!