Advantages of 33-P

John Alsobrook ALSOBROOK at biomed.med.yale.edu
Wed Mar 23 13:08:01 EST 1994

In <Cn32zC.52D at cc.umontreal.ca> parents at ERE.UMontreal.CA writes:

> In article <1994Mar17.153537.93340 at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> jost at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au writes:
> >Could anyone out there enlighten me on the advantages of 33-P over 32-P.

>... some cool stuff deleted ...

> Major inconvenient: Here in Quebec, it is *VERY* expensive... (In fact, not
> affortable for us)
>
> Stephane Parent
> U. of Montreal
> Quebec

Here in the lower 48 it is also VERY expensive, about 4 times more in fact. In
my opinion, the extra cost isn't justified by the reduction in particle energy;
it's till more energetic than 35S. I doubt that it reduces the cost of our
radioactive waste stream very much, either.  But our technician feels
otherwise, and so we spend 4x on our isotope budget...

* John Alsobrook    Child Study Center    Yale University School of Medicine *
* internet: alsobrook at biomed.med.yale.edu / bitnet: alsobrook at yalemed.bitnet *