the "Eijen" <sic> for fluor-PCR?

John Alsobrook ALSOBROOK at biomed.med.yale.edu
Wed Mar 23 12:56:03 EST 1994

Greetings, all.  A colleague just asked me about an instrument she only knows
as "The Eijen" (spelling could be _way_ off here, let's all think
phonetically!).  It evidently detects results of allele-specific PCR (using
fluroescent label) without use of a gel or imager... supposedly a relatively
small-ticket item.  Has anyone heard of this device? Was my colleague
misinformed? Any illuminating comments will be appreciated, as always!

* John Alsobrook    Child Study Center    Yale University School of Medicine *
* internet: alsobrook at biomed.med.yale.edu / bitnet: alsobrook at yalemed.bitnet *