Cheap substitute for Dynabeads?

Paul N Hengen pnh at
Wed Mar 23 12:32:56 EST 1994

 In article <2mpn7n$kvj at>
 hbriem at (Helgi Briem Magnusson) writes:

> I have heard that someone makes streptavidin coated magnetic
> beads that are much cheaper than Dynabeads, although not uniform
> in size.  Does anyone know the supplier's address?

Promega sells magneto-blobules, but be warned - they are not the high quality
particles as Dynal beads. I think Advanced Magnetics, Inc.  supplies Promega
with these. There was a long thread of discussion on these last year that you
can find in the archives. If you want to cut out the middle man, call their
supplier directly:

Advanced Magnetics, Inc
735 Concord Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
phone: 617-499-1433
fax: 617-497-6927

* National Cancer Institute                       |Internet: pnh at |*