Cheap substitute for Dynabeads?

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Mar 23 12:32:56 EST 1994

 In article <2mpn7n$kvj at eldborg.rhi.hi.is>
 hbriem at rhi.hi.is (Helgi Briem Magnusson) writes:

> I have heard that someone makes streptavidin coated magnetic
> beads that are much cheaper than Dynabeads, although not uniform
> in size.  Does anyone know the supplier's address?

Promega sells magneto-blobules, but be warned - they are not the high quality
particles as Dynal beads. I think Advanced Magnetics, Inc.  supplies Promega
with these. There was a long thread of discussion on these last year that you
can find in the archives. If you want to cut out the middle man, call their
supplier directly:

Advanced Magnetics, Inc
735 Concord Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA