weird microsatellite

mcgraw at BSCR.UGA.EDU mcgraw at BSCR.UGA.EDU
Fri Mar 25 17:14:06 EST 1994

Hi,

We've got a really weird microsatellite (dinucleotide repeat) marker.
It's made from a nice-looking CA repeat, and we get some perfectly normal-
looking products, BUT...  In the animals that we've looked at, we see
either one allele or nothing.  In those animals showing one allele, we
see the various sizes that we would expect from a polymorphic micro-
satellite, but we never see a heterozygote.  It's not just the boys or just

the girls.  Has anyone out there seen something like this?  Any speculations
on what it might be?

thanks,
	Al McGraw