PCR for 6-7 kb

Lukasz Salwinski lukasz at wlheye.jsei.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 25 12:06:29 EST 1994

I've got no problems with PCRing whole plasmids (pUC18 with
an insert) as large as 5.1kb from both minipreps and single
colonies. It only difference from the standard protocols
is I extended incubation time to 6 min (ie roughly 1min/kb)

Some information about PCRing large size fragments can be
found in: PCR. A pratical approach. Author (???), Page: ~100-110

Good luck with your PCR

    ....life's complex. It has real and imaginary parts ....
  Lukasz Salwinski 		<lukasz at wlheye.jsei.ucla.edu>
  Jules Stein Eye Institute,UCLA        phone: (310) 206-8831