XL1Blue MRF'

Michael Coady coady at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Thu Mar 24 23:30:27 EST 1994

In article <2mtb3r$e70 at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> wzhao at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu writes:
>Hi netters:
>
>Is there anybody who has been using XL1Blue MRF' a lot? I had some
>problems with the strain. Can anybody tell me the optimal concentration
>of tetracycline for growing this strain, and a optimal protocol for
>making competent cells.
>Thanks in advance!

Dear Wei,
	Yes, I've been using them a fair bit; I don't recall the
tet concentration offhand (and it's not very close to this lab
at the moment) but it's what was recommended in "Current Protocols",
so it can't be too odd.  I use the method of Inoue et al (Gene,
sometime in 1990) to prepare the bacteria and I get 2.5 x 10E8
per ug.  Feel free to email me with any specific questions about
them.  Oh, and I am in no way connected with Stratagene save being
an occasional customer.

Mike

--
Michael J. Coady