RNA Gels...

Andrew Simmonds asimmond at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Sat Mar 26 18:42:57 EST 1994

I am sure this has been covered before....
I am having trouble getting TIGHT bands with Northern blots from
formaldehyde RNA gels...  When I cut off the ladder from the gel and look
at it sideways the bands are "tilted" i.e. ( / )  and I am sure this is a
problem when I transfer the RNA to a membrane causing the wide bands I am
seeing.  I put 2.2M formaldehyde in the gel and use a standards MOPS
buffer...
Might anybody suggest a better way?

Andrew Simmonds
Andrew Simmonds - Department of Genetics - University of Alberta CANADA
ASIMMOND at GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA
G216 Biological Sciences Centre
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA T6G 2E9