Promoter for Ampicillin in plasmids.

John Brunstein brunstei at UNIXG.UBC.CA
Sat Mar 26 17:39:46 EST 1994

	I have removed the SspI-SmaI fragment of pUC19 and recircularized
the vector without any apparent loss of b-lactamase expression as judged
by transformation efficiency; presumably therefore AmpR is expressed from
the lacZ promoter in this case.  In any event, this deletion derivative
has been an OK cloning vector in my hands by using AmpR as selectable
marker (obviously blue-white screening is out, however!).