Which pipetters to purchase?

J. David Spafford jspaffor at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Mon Mar 28 01:41:15 EST 1994

We are looking to buy new pipetters for our lab and would like some feedback
as to which brands have worked best for others.  We have used Eppendorfs and
are mildly happy with them. However, we found them difficult to calibrate
ourselves.  I am impressed with the Gilson brand although they appear to be
the most expensive.  Others, like the Nichiryo brand are cheaper, but is the
quality the same?  We do a lot of PCR and cloning and need them to be
accurate in the 1-10 ul, 10-100 ul, 100-1000 ul range.

Thanks in advance.  (No sales people please).
J. David Spafford
Department of Zoology, University of Alberta
jspaffor at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca