3H-T labelling in cell culture

mei deng mdeng at bu.edu
Mon Mar 28 16:43:35 EST 1994

I am currently trying to set up an assay for active TGFbeta in cell
culture medium using Mink Lung Epithelial cells. We look at the
inhibition of the 3H-Thymidine uptake by TGFbeta. I could not get the
control cells labelled and the only difference between the protocal
and my experiment is they used 3H-T of 40Ci/mmole and I was using
6.7Ci/mmole. Does any one know the importance on specific activity of
3H-t in cell labeling? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Mei Deng
Boston University Medical School