The sizes of biotin, digoxigenin, FITC, etc.

Wasun Chantratita asmsi002 at CMU.CHIANGMAI.AC.TH
Mon Mar 28 12:08:59 EST 1994

Dear Netters
	I am  now working on nonradioactive in situ hybridization, in
situ PCR and FISH (Fluorescent in situ hybridization).
	I would like to know the size (Diameter) of these following
	1. Biotin molecule                  ----------        ----------
	2. Digoxigenin molecule             ----------        ----------
	3. Streptavidin molecule            ----------        ----------
        4. FITC                             ----------        ----------
        5. Alkaline Phosphatase             ----------

	These information will be very helful/useful for perfoming in situ
hybridization techniques with various types of polynucleotide and
oligonucleotide probes labeled with these nonradioisotope ligands

P.S. Your kindness of size information of one of these molecules would
be deeply appreciated

Thankyou in advance

Wasun Chantratita, Ph.D.                        Phone:053-221122 Ext 5086,5068
Department of Clinical Microbiology             Fax:  053-221890
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences       Email:asmsi002 at
Chiang Mai University
Chiang Mai 50200