PCR >6 kb

Alistair Forrest forrest at biosci.uq.oz.au
Mon Mar 28 21:09:25 EST 1994

brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU writes:

>Hello, I would like to mention that Wayne Barnes's KlenTaq worked well for
>me on relatively small (in his terms) substrates (~4 kb). I have seen his
>gels, and yes, he can get massive amplifications!
>brett at borcim.wustl.edu

G'day Brett and everyone else out there, I'm thinking about ampifying a
6.5kb fragment, however it will be from cDNA. Is this pushing things too
far? There's a strong possibility I won't get the full transcript reverse
transcribed and then hoping to amplify such a large fragment may just be
too difficult.

Otherwise I could design primers to break up the fragment and then put
them together later, but this would take much longer.

Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated,
			Alistair Forrest