SV-40 promoter

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 28 23:56:01 EST 1994

In article <6321.lyc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw_POPMail.PC_3.2.2>,
lyc at IBMS.SINICA.EDU.TW ("L.Y.Chau") wrote:

> Hi,
> I am doing transfection exp. on undifferentiated and DMSO-induced
> differentiated HL-60 cells.  The B-gal activity driven by SV-40 promoter is
> always 3-fold lower in differentiated HL-60.  Here comes the question!  Is
> SV-40 promoter down-regulated in differentiated cells?  If I need to
> normalize my transfection data, is there any other promoter I can use which
> is not regulated during differentiation?
>
> Jonghwei

On a similar note,

When transfecting into chick primary cortical neuronal cultures with
SV40-luc construct as compared to neuronal promoter-luc constructs i found
the SV40 construct to have higher activity......However, when same cultures
but instead from rat i found the reverse......

That SV-40 prom..... is a funny puppy!

BTW how can a promoter be down-regulated, do you mean the factors to drive
it are not present in some cell-types!!! Maybe so.

Happy transfecting

Martin Leach

p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)