probe cleaning

Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU
Tue Mar 29 16:59:05 EST 1994

Stuff deleted: re probe cleanup and measurement of level of label
incorporation into probe.

I have a very quick method for determining label incorporation using a
phosphoethyleneimine TLC plate that I got from an old mate (Ken Reed of
alkaline blotting fame).  10 minutes to run, 5 to dry and 10-15 minutes on
film (using p-32, longer times with p-33 etc).

I use it for nicktranslation, random priming, end-labelling etc.

I can post it if there is interest.

Cheers, Klaus
Klaus Matthaei
Gene Targeting
The Australian National University
PO Box 334, Canberra, ACT 2600, Australia
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at

"Think twice - Do once"