bench, cooled microcentrifuges

dpetersn at dpetersn at
Tue Mar 29 10:11:09 EST 1994

We are interested in purchasing a benchtop, cooled microcentrifuge and are
eyeing Savants microspeedFuge SFR11K.  Does anyone have this "ozone safe"
model?  How well does it perform and what is the rotor capacity?  Anyone have
a different model they prefer or have had good experience with?  The price of
the Savant ($2400) makes it ideal for us.

If there is interest I will post a tally of user responses.

dpetersn at
(Postdocs may be a dime a dozen, but I'd rather have a dozen than a dime!)