mRNA purification kit

Warren Gallin wgallin at
Tue Mar 29 17:29:51 EST 1994

In Article <nlandry-280394193656 at>, nlandry at
(Nathalie Landry) wrote:
>Did anybody have bad results with the mRNA purification kit of Pharmacia?
>I experienced it two times and I always got a large part of genomic DNA .
>I'm wondering if there is some trick about it? Any suggestions?  I will

I have used A Pharmacia mRNA kit and it worked fine (although it was a
little pricey).  There should not be any genomic DNA present because you are
supposed to purify total RNA first.  Try any of the methods for preparing
total RNA from one of the standard manuals and use that as the starting

Warren Gallin,
Department of Zoology, University of Alberta
wgallin at