Ashok Aiyar ashok at biochemistry.cwru.edu
Wed Mar 30 07:51:02 EST 1994

In article <9403300752.AA21396 at cscgpo.anu.edu.au> Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU writes:

>>In a previous article, brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU () says:
>>KlenTaq is essentially idential to Delta Taq v. 2.0, which is sold by USB.
>>It's cheap, works like a charm, and has replaced Taq as the PCR enzyme of
>>choice in my lab.

>Will Delta Taq v 2.0 PCR a 35Kb fragment for me??

KlenTaq might be the same as DeltaTaq 2.0.  However KlenTaqLA --
the enzyme used in the Barnes PNAS paper is a mixture of two
enzymes -- KlenTaq1 and Pfu.

If you added Pfu or Vent or some other error correcting
thermophilic polymerase to DeltaTaq 2.0, it is very likely to
work for long PCRs.

Ashok Aiyar                        Mail: ashok at biochemistry.cwru.edu
Department of Biochemistry                       Tel: (216) 368-3300
CWRU School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio         Fax: (216) 368-4544
MIME Enclosures OK