Glycogen v tRNA and OLD BONES

Uttam Rajbhandary bhandary at
Wed Mar 30 17:04:00 EST 1994

In article <9403291318.4d9781ff.LN1 at>, SCRIMSHAWB%GRIEHFS at LINCOLN.CRI.NZ ("Scrimshaw, Brian J") writes...
>Can someone in netland explain the relative virtues of glycogen
>and tRNA as a carrier? Are they just as good as each other for
>sticking to DNA?

I'd use the tRNA.  I have a good feel for recovery percent for, say 5-10 ug of
carrier tRNA.  Although I've seen references for the use of glycogen, I
haven't seen any comparisons.  OTOH, will the presence of the tRNA interfere
with subsequent steps (pcr); certainly, use E.coli tRNA, not calf liver.