adenylate cyclase defficient cells

Nantel Francois nantelf at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Thu Mar 31 10:35:29 EST 1994

>In article <01HABGAN8ZUQ00040G at Post-Office.UH.EDU>, pedemonte at JETSON.UH.EDU
>(carlos h. pedemonte) wrote:
>
> Dear netters:
>
> I heard that there is a cell line that is defficient in adenylate cyclase.
> Therefore, this cells cannot produce cAMP. Does anybody knows what cells
> are these and where can I get them?
>         In the same line, are there any cell line that do not express
> protein kinase C or A?
>         I will appreciate any comment and directions.

There are many mutant of the S49 cell line that have a deficient adenylyl
cyclase system. I don't have any references handy (they're all home) but
I remember S49 cyc-, h21 and unc-.

I remember that S49 cyc- lacks Gs and therefore cannot activate the cyclase.
The other cell lines have similar mutations. Unfortunately, I don't think any
of them lack the adenylate cyclase or the PKA. I know that P.A. Insel and C.C.
Malbon worked with them a few years ago.

Hope this helps. It would have been better if I had the references. Maybe
tuesday...

Francois Nantel

Nantelf at ere.umontreal.ca

I don't have any fancy signature yet...