Less than $2.50/base oligos (Was re:$2.50/base oligos)

shiha02 at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu shiha02 at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu
Mon May 2 10:51:13 EST 1994

In article <2q1hu1$p1d at news.service.uci.edu>, resteele at uci.edu (Rob Steele) writes:
>   We have been very happy with Genset Corp of La Jolla.  When we first
> started buying from them, they charged $2.50/base.  I assume they still
> do, although we have a blanket purchase order with them, so I haven't
> checked in a while.  The best thing about Genset is that you program
> the synthesizer "directly" via e-mail (if you have a standing PO# to
> include with the e-mail submission).  This greatly speeds up the
> process and cuts down on errors in sequence entry (if the wrong
> sequence gets entered, you have only yourself to blame).  Genset will
> send you the information about the format for e-mail submission of
> orders. You get the oligos (resuspended in Milli-Q water at about 1
> nmole per microliter and ready to use) by Federal Express (usually) two
> days after sending in your e-mail order.  In addition you get an e-mail
> confirmation that your order has been received and processed.
>   Genset's address information is as follows:
>
>           GENSET Corp.
>           505 Coast Blvd., South
>           Suite 200
>           La Jolla, CA  92037
>           Tel:  (619) 551-6551

One of the three founders of Genset, Dr. Luc d'Auriol, had started his
own venture just outside of Philadelphia called DNAgency. Dr d'Auriol
was responsible for setting up Genset's oligonucleotide synthsis
system and essentially ran it until the end of last year. I know
DNAgency is now operational and they are going to install an e-mail
ordering system very soon. For now, however, they are offering quality
oligos for EVEN LESS THAN WHAT GENSET IS CHARGING. Great service,
great turnaround time and, of course, highest quality oligos and
modified derivatives. I am a friend of Dr. d'Auriol's but I have no
stake in the company. You've got nothing to loose. Try it, give him a
call. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

The address is:

	DNAgency
	2 New Road STE 312