Flu tag positioning at 3' end?

Marion Freistadt mfreis at lsumc.edu
Tue May 3 19:31:56 EST 1994

>I would like to find out if anyone has used the flu tag cloned onto the
>3' end of an expressed gene. All the references I have seen have placed
>it on the 5' end, which intuitively makes no sense to me. If there is a
>reason I would appreciate finding out ASAP (cloning underway.) Please
>email me as my access to bionet is in major trouble at the moment.
>Thanks.
>
>Sue Jeffrey
>sjeffrey at mskcc.org

THERE IS A PAPER IN VIROL OR JVIROL RECENTLY ABOUT A SECRETED FORM OF THE
AVIAN RETROVIRAL RECEPTOR.  THEY EXPRESSED IT WITH AN HA TAG AT THE 3' END,
BUT THEY DIDN'T USE THE TAG TO PURIFY IT.  THEY GOT IT OKAY.  I CAN'T FIND
THE PAPER RIGHT NOW, BUT YOUNG, BATES (AND VARMUS I THINK) ARE THE AUTHORS.
 PLEASE POST THE OTHER RESPONSES BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE (LIKE ME) MAY LIKE TO
KNOW ALSO.
Marion Freistadt, Ph.D.
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology
Louisiana State University Medical Center
1901 Perdido St.
New Orleans, LA. 70112