size-fractionated library question?

Mikko Regina regina at messi.uku.fi
Tue May 3 03:45:59 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

I am looking for protocols to construct size-fractionated DNA-library. I would
like to find out if anyone has done this kind of work? I have seen poster which
one handeled this kind of approach and it was somehow like following:
Isolate DNA by CTAB, CsCl-centrifugation, TaqI-restriction, LMT agarose gel-
electrophoresis, extraction of 100-500 bp fraction, ligation of these fractions
to pGEM, recombinant clones are transformed to E.Coli, plasmid DNA is purified
and double precipitated, and finally sequenced.
Has anybody information concerning this kind of work? I would appreciate a lot
any kind of help! If you have detailed information about this kind of work,
please feel free to mail it to me.

Thank you!

Mikko Regina
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry