E. coli GST homology

Mike Preston preston at warren.med.harvard.edu
Wed May 4 08:33:00 EST 1994

Dear netters,

Here are the responses to the question,

>Hello netters,
>
>Does anybody know if the Glutathione S-transferase gene in the pGEX vectors
>from Pharmacia, have homology to the E. coli GST gene, such that there
>would be immunological crossreactivity?

Hello David,

Check out PNAS 83: 8703-8707 (1986) and Parasite Immunology 10: 693-706
(1988).

Regards,

Alan at Pharmacia

: Does anybody know if the Glutathione S-transferase gene in the pGEX
vectors
: from Pharmacia, have homology to the E. coli GST gene, such that there
: would be immunological crossreactivity?

As far as I know E. coli doesn't have a GST.

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany
*/

On 13 Apr 1994 18:42:40 GMT,

I believe it is from the digenean blood fluke Schistosoma mansoni if this
helps. Unfortunately for those of us in the schisto world, GST is a
candidate schisto vaccine antigen which makes using the fusion
proteins in other vaccine studies a bit awkward!!!!!
Cheers,
DAJ

David A. Johnston
Dept of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road,
South Kensington, London SW7 5DB.
(tel 071 9389297, fax 071 9388754, email daj at nhm.ic.ac.uk)

David Kling
Channing Laboratory
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
180 Longwood Ave.
Boston, MA 12115
dkling at warren.med.harvard.edu
617-432-2681