Internal Standard for Westerns

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Fri May 6 10:21:47 EST 1994

I have been looking at changes in the expression of AP-1 complexes in human
myeloid leukemia cells treated with vitamin D and have seen some
interesting results.  Problem is that in order to convince myself that the
changes are real I would like to have some kind of internal standard for my
western blots so that I know that I am looking at the same amount of
protein on each lane.

Does anyone have any suggestions on proteins whose expression is constant
in myeloid cells?  They need to be proteins that don't change when the
cells differentiate or cease proliferating (which is what VD3 does to these
cells). Obviously I need proteins that antibodies are available for.

Thanks in advance,
SRL

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D.       Brown University/Roger Williams Medical
Center
e-mail: Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu         LandLine: 401-456-6572