PCR product from gel

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Fri May 6 07:58:20 EST 1994

> So, is it really no problem to recover 80+% of your PCR product
> (especially a short one) from a gel, and I am the only person in the world
> having a hard time?  Thanks much for any ideas on the subject, and if
> anything interesting turns up, I'll re-post suggestions (after I try them).

I think i tried to quantify how much i purified a couple of times and if i
am correct it was never greater than 50%.

I use the freeze-squeeze method (cut band, freeze it, place over silanized
glasswool and spin, collect eluate from second tube then ppt it or use
directly.)

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)