Is there any way to fill recessed 5' termini?

John Brunstein brunstei at UNIXG.UBC.CA
Sat May 7 14:55:16 EST 1994

	To fill in recessed 5' termini one would have to get a polymerase 
extending the polynucleotide chain 3'->5' WRT the growing chain....I 
don't think there are any such polymerases on this planet :-(

On 7 May 1994, Huanquan Zheng wrote:

> Hi,
> I know the Klenow fragment of E.Coli polymerase can be used to fill
> 3' termini, and today one colleague told me there is one can be used
> to fill 5' termini, he does not remember, and he thought it is also
> Klenow fragment, but not so sure.
> Does any one here have such experience to fill 5' termini with klenow
> fragment? I do not want to remove the 3' termini which is overhang.
> --
> Huanquan Zheng 	郑环泉,四川人,混日子的, 

More information about the Methods mailing list