using MacConkey agar for "red/white" selection

Jeff Nichols jcn at rice.edu
Mon May 9 07:55:58 EST 1994

In article <2qhrc7$mco at news.u.washington.edu>, cdarby at u.washington.edu
(Creg Darby) wrote:

> >I wanted to order some MacConkey agar for red/white color selection of
> >recombinants, but noticed there are several different kinds that one
> >can order from Difco.
>
> At risk of being called a nitpicker,

Okay, you are a nitpicker ;-)

As for the original question, I have had good success with Difco
Antibiotic media.  If you look in either the old or new Jeffery Miller
lab book it has a recipie.

--
*  Jeff Nichols                 |   I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.
*  It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I'm wearing milkbone