using MacConkey agar for "red/white" selection
jcn at rice.edu
Mon May 9 07:55:58 EST 1994
In article <2qhrc7$mco at news.u.washington.edu>, cdarby at u.washington.edu
(Creg Darby) wrote:
> >I wanted to order some MacConkey agar for red/white color selection of
> >recombinants, but noticed there are several different kinds that one
> >can order from Difco.
> At risk of being called a nitpicker,
Okay, you are a nitpicker ;-)
As for the original question, I have had good success with Difco
Antibiotic media. If you look in either the old or new Jeffery Miller
lab book it has a recipie.
* Jeff Nichols | I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.
* It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I'm wearing milkbone
* underwear-- Norm Peterson
* Don't jump without the video.
* I used to be tolerant; now I'm actively tolerant.--Thanks Tom.
More information about the Methods