Protein in NC membrane

Shahram Mori smori at NMSU.EDU
Tue May 10 00:11:59 EST 1994

On Tue, 10 May 1994, Zainul Zain wrote:

> Greeting to all netters,
>
> We are looking for methods to elute out protein bound to Nitrocellulose
> membrane. Please advice.......
>

> Thanks
>

> zainul
> Medical School
> University Sains Malaysia
The only thing I can suggest is " Reverse Western blot" Patent 1.02098447
by the Shahram. :)
Place a layers of Gel on the western blot and tranfer long enough from the
NC to the gel. Later you may be able to extract the proteins from the gel,
a little easier. I am assuming that if you let the transfer run long
enough the proteins will move through the NC.
Another way would be to use a small gel transfer apparatus and transfer
the protein into the running buffer itself. This is kind of weird, but if the
vol is small enough to work with you can ammonium sulphate pptate your
protein from the buffer.
I hope it all works out.
Cheers.
Shahram Mori